In these last days I had many time the opportunity of testing my speaking ability in many different situations. I didn’t attend any conversation club nor discussion groups with my classmates but I had to go in some offices and banks and estate agencies.
The bank is almost the best place in which one has to speak directly, quickly, in correct English and has to understand very well what the employees say.
There were many words I didn’t know of banking language, for example they often say “our commitment to you” that means that the bank has some responsibilities with the customer.
I knew that one bank is composed by its “branches”, just like a tree…and this way to see this thing is interesting! Also knew that there is a “sort code” that is different from the “account number”. Italian bank accounts have only the last one, only one code to identify an account and I really didn’t already understand why here we have two…
Also in the estate agencies they speak about very specific arguments, using a specific language.
lunedì 26 gennaio 2009
Iscriviti a:
Commenti sul post (Atom)

Nessun commento:
Posta un commento