lunedì 26 gennaio 2009

books

I like quite much reading books. When I came here in London I’ve carried with my some new books to read, every book was in Italian.
Everyone who goes to live abroad, I think, would prefer to enjoy some commodities. It was enough for me to speak English all days all day long, at work and between friends. To be honest I was enjoying at least reading in Italian.
After a while I knew other Italians and I started to go out with them, really bad thing to learn English, so I started to think a bit about what I was expecting by myself when I came here. I was remembering when, before coming, I had thought about understanding songs, watching movies, reading book, all this things without any problem.
In that period I was still a bit upside-down because of many reasons. I had just closed my bar, changed my mind about my life, about where, one day, I’ll had driven myself... It was a period of changing’s. I decided to do one more step. I was stocked in reading my books so I decided to go to a library to buy my first book in English, which it would has been The Portrait of Dorian Grey.
For sure it was not the first rime I was getting’ in a library in London but the smell was a bit different...
I started to go up and down between the tree floors before I decide the book to buy but something kept my sight.
It was just a book of famous sentences but I liked so much the first one that I decided to copy it and I still have it under the glass of my desk.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed but the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. Than throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
Mark Twain

Nessun commento: